Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some things never change...

I'm not sure why, but something got me going through old pictures today.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to post a few notable ones.  Normally, I'm not big into having a ton of pictures of myself, but looking through these does make me want to make sure I get a few more pictures with the folks I care about.


I have... no earthly idea... what was going on here.  I'm not even sure when exactly this was taken.  The photographer might be able to help me out, I know that it was taken in the house on Courtland Circle.  I think that makes me about 15, maybe 16?  I can't believe how scrawny I was!




I'm pretty glad my folks hung on to this one.  This was the end of summer right before my sophomore year of high school.  My parents signed me up for a whitewater rafting trip with the Air Force outdoor life (or some other such group at Cannon), and we spent a week in the Taos Box.  This was taken at Souse hole on our last ride through.


Starting my first year back at undergrad in Fall of 2005.  This was taken at the base of A mountain in Las Cruces.


I'm placing this here as a reminder for me.  Taken during a dance for the Stonewall Coalition (NMSU's gay-straight alliance), Valentine's day, 2006.  Ginnie passed away too young at 24, on Dec. 11, 2010.  I miss her.




Taken by ScreamingLight in 2007, this is my favorite picture of my ex and me.


Again, taken by ScreamingLight, the same day as the previous picture.  I miss Cruces more than I ever thought I could, and my other families.  I really wish I had more photos from my time there.


From the Unguez lab.  I cut my long hair right before heading to Belize for a week.  Botfly is disgusting.


Returning from a jaguar reserve in the jungles of Belize during a rainstorm.  We were taking turns cutting through a huge fallen tree with a machete and dragging the limbs off so we could clear the road and keep going.  Yay! for adventure.


Me and Knitwit heading to dinner at Texas de Brazil, 2010.  I picked that dress out... Go me.  Again, we definitely need more pictures together.


My first steps up to my house, the day I closed.


Sitting on the front porch.  New pup, new house, new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment