Thursday, September 15, 2011

Disappointment and a shave

Made the trek to big-box store and got a scale.  Took off the shoes, holstered LCR, and jumped on to see the bad news.  I'm weighing in at 245.  Wonderful.

In other news, I got the materials for my kilt.  I'm going off the plans from instructables, so I picked up 4 yards of medium brown denim, some good looking snap closures, scissors, thread, etc...  Hopefully, I still remember how to use a sewing machine, but the project might be on hold until I can find a pedal for the one I'm borrowing.

When I got home, I decided to put a quick edge on Itty bitty whittler.  It wasn't shave sharp... the hairs jumped off my arm!  Just to show myself I could... I shaved with it.  Holy crap.  Rusted out old file, to shave sharp with a couple hours work.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment